Login to Submit a Proposal
Call for Proposals
THE CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR THE 2022 ONLINE TEACHING CONFERENCE IS NOW OPEN! (Submission deadline is January 31, 2022)
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal to present a session at OTC'22!
Note: OTC'22 is being planned as a face-to-face conference in Long Beach, CA from June 29-July 1, 2022. Presenters will be required to present in person. Should we find the need to switch to an online format, presenters will require the ability to present virtually (e.g. computer with camera and microphone, private/quiet space to present from, etc.) as well as a reliable internet connection.
Please create an account to submit your proposal. (or log into your previously created account)
(We recommend you read all information provided here before submitting your proposal.)
Timeline and Proposal Criteria
- Submissions are due January 31, 2022.
- Notifications will be sent out in March, 2021.
- Each session is 50 minutes, generally 40 minutes of content / 10 minutes Q&A.
- Each proposal may have up to 4 presenters.
- We invite up to 2 proposals per presenter.
- We welcome non-commercial presentations from educators in the California Community Colleges and beyond. (If you are a vendor, please visit our website for more information.)
- Proposals must be submitted electronically.
- Please hold off on registering for the full conference until you receive notification on your proposal in March, 2022 (submitters of accepted proposals will be provided a Speaker Registration link.) All speakers will be required to register for the conference at the early bird rate of $299.
- Presenters will be asked to upload ADA compliant related resources (documents or links) prior to their presentation.
Want to write a great proposal?
We want your proposal to be accepted as much as you do, but we have a limited number of open sessions available. To support your success, here is a list of questions for you to consider before you submit. Does your proposal:
- Align with the needs and interests of online educators?
- Relate to the "ADD THEME HERE" Conference Theme?
- Demonstrate a connection to one of the conference tracks?
- Clearly convey what your audience will learn from your session?
- Contribute thoughtfully to an existing practice or technology; or present an emerging strategy, technology, or issue?
Conference participants expect to be challenged and engaged by topics that are current and relevant to the field of online teaching. We are particularly looking for engaging and creative proposals that align with the following conference tracks:
- Effective Online Teaching Practices
- Equity in Online Teaching and Learning
- Support and Resources
- Technology Innovation
- Leadership and Administration
The Online Teaching Conference is well known for providing practical skills for educators to use in their online courses. To continue this approach, we encourage you to submit a presentation proposal that incorporates real world application practices (e.g., How to…, Tips and Tricks, Best Practices, etc.) delivered in one of the following formats:
- Presentation (one presenter)
- Presentation with Co-Presenter/s (up to 4 presenters total)
- Demonstration (up to 4 presenters total)
- Panel Discussion (up to 4 panelists total)
- Other (please explain)
Click here if you would like to view the proposal questions prior to submitting or select "CALL FOR PROPOSAL QUESTIONS" from the menu bar.
To support the Online Teaching Conference’s growth, we are continually looking for proposals from enthusiastic and committed individuals from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences (representative of the learning community) to submit proposals for consideration. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion makes us a stronger community and is better able to serve conference attendees. Our focus and intent is to encourage people from every nation, race/ethnicity, belief, gender, sexual identity, ability, and culture to feel respected and valued for their unique contributions to the online teaching community.
The Online Teaching Conference is a premier gathering of faculty, staff, and administrators who are leading the way in developing innovative and effective online education. As an inter-segmental conference focused on curriculum, pedagogy and technology to improve online instruction, learning, and student success, the Online Teaching Conference is an opportunity for educators to network with colleagues, connect, share knowledge, impart and receive best practices, and develop professionally.
The Online Teaching Conference is an annual non-profit event presented by CCC TechConnect and funded under a California Community Colleges Chancellors Office grant. The conference connects online educators within as well as outside the CCC system and promotes high quality online teaching and course design. For information on additional TechConnect products and services available to the faculty, staff, and administrators of California Community Colleges, please visit: www.ccctechconnect.org.